The Stephen D. Tanner Children’s Enrichment Fund is devoted to providing grants to benefit underprivileged children in Monongalia County.
The 2022-23 grant program application will open on August 1, 2022. Application deadline: October 7, 2022.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Title I elementary schools in Monongalia County: This grant is open to all school-based staff, including general ed classroom teachers, elective teachers, school counselors, program specialists, mental health professionals, and others.
- Monongalia County nonprofit organizations offering enrichment programs for underserved children will also be considered.
- Awards will be made for up to $2,500.
- Applicants are encouraged to pursue matching funds to maximize impact. Note: Matching funds may not be solicited from students or their families.
- Project-based learning, cross-curriculum initiatives, and projects that engage parents of students are encouraged.
- Travel expenses will NOT be covered.
- Please note that grant recipients cannot require or request out-of-pocket spending by children or families in association with these grant funds.
- The funds are expected to be used in the 2022-23 school year.
How to Apply:
Log into our grant portal linked here and select the Stephen D. Tanner Children’s Enrichment Fund Grant program. For previous applicants, please note we are no longer using SmarterSelect. If you have not yet applied using our new portal, you will need to create a new account.
Please note there may be multiple grant programs accepting applications. Please read the descriptions to ensure you have selected the appropriate program.