Women’s Giving Circle of North Central West Virginia
-Empowering Women Through Philanthropy-
A Fund of Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc.
Application for 2022-23 is currently open. Due date: September 19, 2022.
How to Apply:
Log into our grant portal linked here and select the Women’s Giving Circle of North Central West Virginia Grant program. For previous applicants, please note we are no longer using SmarterSelect. If you have not yet applied using our new portal, you will need to create a new account.
Please note there may be multiple grant programs accepting applications. Please read the descriptions to ensure you have selected the appropriate program.
Maximum request: $3,000
Grant Awards made in December.
The Women’s Giving Circle, a component fund of YCF welcomes grant applications for organizations in Harrison, Taylor, Marion, Preston and Monongalia Counties in West Virginia that are addressing one or more of the following needs of women in our community:
- Increasing life skills of women and girls through education, economic empowerment, physical and mental health, and strategies for prevention of violence and crime
- Encouraging the healthy development of girls
- Promoting gender equity in our community
The Project Goals and Objectives Table must be downloaded and completed then uploaded into the grant application where requested.
Grant funds may not be used for:
- fundraising events such as dinners, golf outings, etc.
- alcohol, firearms, or tobacco products
- contributions to candidates for elective office or for partisan political purposes
- capital campaigns or endowments
- intermediary funding agencies
- academic scholarships
- general operating expenses of an organization
- administrative, day to day staff operations (Funds may be used to cover staff time only as it relates to the specific project being funded.)
Faith organizations are eligible to receive funding for activities that are non-discriminatory, nonsectarian, and that benefit the larger community.
Late grant applications will not be considered. The grants decision process can last up to 60 days, so applicants should keep this in mind when proposing projects with timing issues. All applicants will be notified if they have been awarded a grant or not. The funding period is for 12 months from the award date.
All applicant organizations must be qualified 501-C-3 organizations in good standing with the IRS at the time of application.
For grant application questions, please contact YCF at 304-296-3433 or email@example.com.
To learn more about the Women’s Giving Circle of North Central West Virginia please visit the website: www.womensgivingcirlceofncwv.org