March 17, 2022
The challenge was sparked by the generous gift of an anonymous donor who believes in the mission of YCF and the power all people have to create positive change in their communities through charitable giving, YCF said in a statement.
Established in 2011, YCF today manages more than $20 million in assets and administers 150 diverse funds across a five-county region of North Central West Virginia, including Harrison, Marion, Monongalia, Preston and Taylor Counties.
In 2021, YCF celebrated its ten-year anniversary and awarded more than $800,000 in grants and scholarships. Since 2020, the YCF Emergency Impact Fund has made 89 COVID-19 relief grants to 52 local nonprofits totaling more than $225,000.
Donors are invited to participate in the Double Your Impact Challenge by making gifts to two funds:
YCF IMPACT Fund
• This unrestricted endowment fund provides flexible grantmaking for the community’s greatest needs. Currently, the IMPACT Fund is only able to support 4% of the grant dollars requested through YCF’s Community Grant program.
• Donations of any amount (up to a total maximum of $900,000) to the YCF IMPACT Fund will be matched. Gifts of $10,000 and greater may create an endowed fund in honor or memory of loved ones. Pledges are accepted over a 5-year period.
• This fund may also be used in times of community emergencies with no application process as approved by the YCF Board of Directors.
YCF Addiction Prevention Initiative Fund
• This newly endowed fund is intended to support programs geared to lessen and alter the destructive impact of alcohol and drug addiction on children and their families through education and professional support at the grassroots level.
• Funding to support immediate needs and grant requests.
• Matching funds (up to a total maximum of $100,000) will be added to this permanent endowment.
• Applications will be accepted annually through YCF’s Community Grant application.
• Gifts can be pledged over a 5-year period.
YCF is a tax-exempt public charity created by and for the people of North Central West Virginia to manage multi-generational endowments, YCF enables local people with philanthropic interests to easily and effectively support the issues they care about.
Donors can establish a charitable fund at YCF by contributing a variety of assets and may also recommend grants to nonprofit groups they want to support.
YCF accepts donations in the following ways: checks, tribute gifts in honor or memory of a loved one, PayPal, matching gifts, stocks or securities, IRA gifts, wills, and bequests.
YCF employs a full-time professional staff of investment managers and support staff overseen by a management committee of local investment experts. YCF maintains transparent public reporting, undergoes an annual CPA audit, and maintains a term-limited, revolving board of current community leaders.
The community foundation structure is one of the fastest growing philanthropic sectors in the United States, with nearly 800 established across the country, all aiming to improve the quality of life for communities they serve.
For more information please call (304) 296-3433 or visit YCF’s website, www.ycfwv.org.